Cryopan I, Serum-free Freezing Medium
Price on request
Content: 100 mililitre
min. order quantity:
Customs tarif no:
Product information "Cryopan I, Serum-free Freezing Medium"
Cryopan I is a serum-free freezing medium for the cryoconservation of cells in a nitrogen storage tank or an ultra-low temperature freezer (< -150 °C). It contains 10 % DMSO.
- Refrigerate freezing medium, culture medium and freezing tubes!
- Trypsinize cells, transfer the cells into the culture medium and centrifuge. Discard the supernatant and resuspend cells in culture medium.
- Cell count should be adjusted to 1 - 5 x 106/ml. The cells should be carefully resuspended to avoid clustering.
- Spin down and resuspend the cells in an appropriate volume of cool freezing medium by pipetting only once or twice. Distribute 1 ml cell suspension per freezing tube.
- To achieve a defined freezing rate of about 1 °C per minute, manual freezing devices or computer controlled freezing may be used.
- Alternatively, put the tubes for 15 minuts into a refrigerator, so that the freezing medium can penetrate into the cells. After this step freeze the tubes at -20 °C for 2 hours. Put the cells into the vapour phase of liquid nitrogen over night.
- Then transfer the freezing tubes into liquid nitrogen.
|Liquid / Powder:||liquid|
|Product Category:||Cryo Preservation|